The Sentry Box offers a wide variety of games and play opportunities that are enjoyed for social interactions, complex strategies, entertaining characters, and an overall atmosphere of friendly competition. While the objective of many of our events is to determine the skill level of each player involved, our ultimate goal is to ensure that every participant, spectator and customer has fun in a safe and pleasant setting. The Sentry Box tables are open to all – and we strive to maintain a safe, pleasant, fun environment for all of our guests.
The following are expected from all players, customers, spectators and staff:
Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. Taking advantage of inexperienced players, other customers or The Sentry Box events and venues for personal gain will not be tolerated.
Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly while playing that game. Observing an illegal activity and not reporting it immediately to The Sentry Box Staff is a violation of The Sentry Box Code of Conduct.
Respect: Players, spectators, customers, staff and property should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves and their property.
- Distracting an opponent or a judge to gain advantage shows disrespect to everyone involved in an event
- Promotion of other business at our events or in our stores is disrespectful of the community and business of The Sentry Box. While we encourage trading – selling cards or other games OR setting up deals for cash on or off site while at our events, in our stores, or through our website is a violation of The Sentry Box Code of Conduct and is grounds for immediate removal from any event without refund or prizes
- Theft is disrespectful of personal property and will not be tolerated at any level. All theft will be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible, we reserve the right to search any backpacks, bags, or personal belongings brought inside our facilities
Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of any game. Demeaning, disrespectful comments, or actions before, during or after a game indicate poor sportsmanship and will not be tolerated. Bullying or harassment will not be tolerated at any event, or in any venue where we are hosting games.
Learning: Discussing strategies, offering tips, or constructively critiquing game play decisions after a match has been completed helps both participants to become better players
Teaching: Bringing a game to a new player and providing others with a positive experience are the most valuable things any person can provide to our community. We greatly appreciate your support in our efforts to make The Sentry Box, the communities we serve and he events we run safe, fun experiences for all.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All staff, players, spectators, customers and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a way that ensures all participants, customers, spectators and staff enjoy themselves as much as possible. It’s all about fun for everyone.
The following are not tolerated:
- Foul or Abusive Language: This includes derogatory, sexual and racial comments. This will not be tolerated at any Sentry Box hosted event. You may be expelled from any event without prizes at the sole discretion of The Sentry Box staff for any derogatory, abusive, or foul language. We want to keep a civil atmosphere, so be aware that some topics of conversation can lead to loud and heated arguments.
- Drugs or Alcohol: In or out of your person. Anyone caught with illegal drugs at a The Sentry Box event including parking lots or other venues may receive a lifetime ban on the first offense. Anyone under the influence will be asked to leave immediately, and we do not tolerate consumption of alcohol, cannabis or illegal drugs at any event. You will be asked to leave immediately.
- Smoking or Vaping: Our store is a smoking-free environment. You will be asked to leave without warning for smoking or vaping inside The Sentry Box store. You may smoke or vape inside your vehicle or off the property, but nowhere on the property that we lease or own.
- Weapons: The Sentry Box prohibits all concealed or visible weapons by all persons other than law enforcement officers.
- Bullying: Including hazing, discriminatory or derogatory language, comments or activities will not be tolerated at any level. Any conduct observed that is determined to be bullying by The Sentry Box staff will result in the immediate expulsion from any event without refund or prizes and a report to any sanctioning body. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE of any type of bullying.
- Theft:Stealing of any property is not tolerated and will result in a minimum of a 30 day ban from the store and a report to local law enforcement and sanctioning body for all events.
- Improper Attire: Wearing of obscene, demeaning, or overly revealing attire is not allowed. You may be asked to leave if you are wearing anything that we believe to be inappropriate.
- Poor Personal Hygiene: If you haven’t taken a shower or washed your clothes in a while we may ask you to leave and do so.
- Selling, Soliciting or Promoting Other Businesses: Without our permission, conducting business or setting up off site deals is strictly prohibited. While we encourage an active trade community, the exchange of cash, or setting up off-site or online cash transactions will result in expulsion from events without prizes and/or denial of admission to future events and facilities. There is a zero-tolerance of violations of this policy and covertly circumventing this policy via online transactions or ‘taking it out to the parking lot’ will result in severe sanctions up to and including lifetime bans from all Sentry Box events.
The Sentry Box reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time without compensation or prizes and may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events should you violate any portion The Sentry Box Code of Conduct. All violations resulting in a game loss or more serious penalties or actions will be reported to the manufacturer and sanctioning body for any event that the violator is participating in.
The Sentry Box reserves the right to search any backpacks, bags, and person entering our facility at any time.
By entering The Sentry Box you agree to abide by this code of conduct. We reserve the right to change, alter or modify The Sentry Box Code of Conduct at any time for any reason.